Refund for Amazon Prime
Users can cancel their paid Prime membership any time by visiting their Amazon Prime Account and canceling the Prime membership from there themselves. If you quit your paid Prime membership during first 3 days of signing up and paying for Prime membership, Amazon will issue a virtual e-credit note to the user and then refund the full membership fee that was paid to Amazon.
There is although an exception to that case. To get the full refund of the subscription by Amazon, users should not have used any of the Prime services within their paid membership period. If they have, they are eligible for the partial refund. Once initiated, the users get back the full refund within three to four working days. Refunds are made in the same source that was used to make the payment for Prime.
Once you have made up your mind to quit your Prime membership, before taking measures for the refund, you first need to cancel your Prime membership. You need to follow the instructions below to do so. In case you get stuck in any step between, you can get help from the executives at Amazon by calling the toll-free number.
Quit your Prime membership from Amazon home page
- Go to the web browser and open the official home page of Amazon.
- Log in to your Prime account by filling you registered email id and password.
- Go to the homepage of Amazon Prime and go to your Prime account.
- In the settings of your Prime account, you will see the option of canceling the Prime membership. Click on that and follow the steps as mentioned.
- From there, confirm and end your Prime membership.
- You will then receive a confirmation on your email and SMS that your Prime membership has been ended.
Quit your Prime membership from Amazon Mobile Application
- Download the Amazon mobile application.
- Log in to your Amazon Prime account by filling the account user details and the password.
- Go to the help section of Amazon Prime and click on the option to end your Prime membership.
- Your membership will be ended, and you will get an email and SMS with the same confirmation. If you are unable to do it on your own, you can contact the customer care executives at Amazon and they will definitely help you.
How to get the refund for Amazon Prime
After canceling and quitting your Prime membership, make sure that you have also turned off the auto payments option. After doing so, you will never be charged by Amazon without your permission. Once the refund has been initiated, it will reflect back into your account within three to four working days.
There are several cases that add to the refund eligibility. If the users have not used any of the Prime services within their paid membership, they are eligible for a complete refund. In case they have used the services, they will get a partial refund.