Amazon is the fastest and most reliable delivery service. It is a trusted brand among its users. Amazon has millions of happy and satisfied customers across the world. To protect privacy and take care of the security of the users, users need to create an account with Amazon using their email id and mobile number. Both of these are verified by Amazon via an OTP code. In case any user forgets their user id or password, the registered email and phone number are used to recover the account.
Forgot Amazon password and email
In case you have forgotten your Amazon account’s password or to recover your Amazon account, you need to first reset your Amazon password. Resetting the forgotten Amazon password is an easy process. To complete the recovery process, the Amazon users need to have access to their email id and mobile phone number which is registered with their Amazon account. Users can easily recover their passwords and usernames themselves. Follow the steps and instructions below to recover your Amazon account’s password.
- Open your web browser and then the official Amazon home page.
- You will see the option to sign in to an existing account. Click on that and use your registered email or phone number there.
- Click on forgot the password.
- You will be redirected to password recovery page of Amazon.
- You will need to fill in your mobile phone number or email address linked to Amazon for the recovery process. Click on continue.
- You will then receive the verification code on your mobile number or email address.
- Fill in the verification code to verify the account belongs to you
- Then, write your full name in the box provided below.
- Fill in a new password for your Amazon account.
- Fill the new password again to confirm and verify. Click on done, and your password would be changed.
Change Amazon Account Password
In order to change your Amazon password, you need to follow some simple and easy steps described below.
- Open your browser and go to Amazon home page.
- Fill in your Amazon account Username and Password.
- Go to the option of “Settings” in your Amazon account.
- Then you will need to Click on the Account Settings option.
- Left click on the option of “Reset your Amazon password” there.
- Fill in your old and existing Amazon password there and then re-enter it again. After verification of that, fill in your New Password there and click on save. Your password will be changed.
Forgot your Amazon account email.
- Open your web browser in any internet enabled device and then go to the official website of Amazon.
- Tick on “Log in to your existing Amazon account”. Click on that login option and then you will need to enter your mobile linked to Amazon.
- Click on the option of forgot username or email id.
- You will need to fill your registered phone number with Amazon.
- You will be then taken to a new page for the recovery of Amazon user id. Fill in the CAPTCHA to confirm that you are not a minor.
- You will receive an OTP code on the registered mobile number.
- Enter the verification code there and fill in the CAPTCHA. Click on continue.
- You will get the desired details on your registered mobile number.
- You cannot change your registered email address on Amazon. It is possible to change the linked mobile number on Amazon but not the registered email address.
In case you have difficulty with any steps, feel free to contact the customer care at Amazon. Their toll-free is available 24/7 and the executives will provide desired and satisfactory resolutions.