People have multiple accounts with various websites. It is very common that they forget or lose passwords to their accounts. For such instances, Amazon has a very simple and convenient Password recovery process. While registering on Amazon, users are required to fill in their actively used email id and their current mobile number. Users are then required to verify via OTP system that both the email id and password belong to them. These email id and phone number are not just used for the registration process but also for the recovery of lost passwords or user ids. If you have lost your Amazon password, follow the stepwise guide below to reset and recover your Amazon lost password.
Recover your lost Amazon password with your recovery email id.
- Open your web browser and go to the official Amazon web page.
- Try to log in to Amazon with the registered email or phone number and enter the password that you can last recall.
- If you are unable to log in, click on forgot my password option and you will be taken to the password recovery page.
- On the other hand, go to your recovery email and open the email sent by Amazon. There will be a recovery link in that, click on that.
- A new page would be opened. Enter the recovery code sent in the email and then you will need to fill the new password. Make sure you create a strong password. Re-enter the password again and then confirm and continue.
- Go back to Amazon home page and try to log in to your Amazon account using the registered email and the new password. If you fail to do so, report the issue and call at the Amazon toll-free and speak to an Amazon representative.
Amazon password recovery with the registered phone number
- Go to your web browser and then go to the Amazon web page.
- Try to log in to your Amazon account with the registered phone number and try to fill in your Amazon password that you last remember. And then click on forgot my Amazon password. Amazon website’s password recovery page will open.
- Submit your recovery phone number there and then fill the CAPTCHA code to verify that you are not a robot or a minor and then click on continue.
- You will get a pop-up notification saying that a recovery code has been sent to your registered phone.
- Look for the SMS from Amazon in your mobile’s inbox. There will be an SMS from Amazon with a security code. Fill in the code and click on continue. After confirmation of the code, you will see a new Amazon page open.
- You will be directed to the recovery page where you can generate a new password for your Amazon account.
- Create and fill in your new password for the Amazon account. You will have to enter the new password twice to confirm. After doing that, click on “Confirm and Continue”.
Go to Amazon home page and you will be able to log in to your Amazon account using the registered mobile number